Thursday, March 24, 2011

Two Beautiful Boys who took the same path.....







I was on the fence about the walk this year. It’s all the way in NY. My torn ACL is as bad as ever and people are hurting so it’s hard to ask for money. I just said to myself that I will wait and if I get a push I will begin the fundraising and planning. Suddenly OUT OF THE BLUE, some super ladies (my sister Jessica and Alicia and Paula Burns) gave me that push. It was last week and we were all sitting around having a birthday party for my niece when Alicia said “so what’s happening for the walk?”, “what are we doing?”. I was completely surprised. I did not figure anyone would be excited and I did not want to go alone. Then Jessica pipes in “I could ask my boss at the Pilot House if we could do a car wash”, I then got excited. And Paula added, “ I could get a fried dough truck”. The three of them took my breath away. “How about a bake sale out front of Walgreens?"….Alicia asked.  Frankly I was a little in disbelief. Of course these wonderful people wanted to do this. Alicia’s brother, Paula’s son Peter Matt took his life on the same day as my son Joshua, only 5 years before. They miss him. They live his life for him. They honor him. Jessica lost her nephew (my Josh). I just came home from a few days in Maine to find that these girls have been working out the details. Again shocked! Jessica acquired a Fundraising night at Jalapeno’s in Gloucester (10% to the AFSP). And we are waiting on the Car Wash to be ok’d at the Pilot House(Monday May 9th)  and Alicia is working on the bake sale.

**** This just in (lol) Christine Davis from Freedom Nh has just been added to our team, yes indeed people this is the push I needed. <3




The American Foundation For Suicide Prevention works in all the area’s of suicide needed to help us get this under control. Incase you did not notice it is only getting worse by the day. They put funds towards schools, research, and depression and alot money for grants that go directly to community help. I am more than honored to help more people stay on this earth instead of end their lives in tragedy and have many more families lost to this illness. This year the 18mile overnight walk through the darkness to the dawn is in NY. I am counting the days until we pack up the car and drive the many miles to walk together with the rest of the angels who know my pain.



<3 Joshua’s Mom



If you are interested in donating please follow the link! Even $5 helps more than you could imagine. Hmmm I wonder how to get a million people to donate $5 :)

https://theovernight.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donate.start&destination=P&eventID=500&participantID=1106



No comments:

Post a Comment