Friday, March 26, 2010

Dear One





Can you see us Dear One
As we light up the night
As we meet as survivors
To help others fight.


Can you see us Dear One
As we struggle to bear
The most painful memories
To show that we care.

Do you see me, your mother
As I struggle to be
The one who still holds you
And rocks you to sleep

With each mile...each candle
Each pat on the back
They'll be sadness in knowing
This won't bring you back

But know one thing my Dear One
Know one thing for sure
I will help find what ailed you
I will help find a cure

So see me my Dear One
As I walk with your name
Written boldy on my back
I will ne'er be the same

See all our faces
Watch each step that we take
As our feet beet the ground
And our hearts bend and break.




* To my son Joshua....may our luminaries light up the skies of heaven on this June evening.

Written By Amanda Pool

No comments:

Post a Comment