Monday, March 22, 2010

FOREST FOR THE TREES

Ahhhh how amazing every situation can be when it is flipped over, turned upside down and looked at with a little bit of PROSPECTIVE. Funny how unlike the movie Ratatouille, I couldnt just walk in and sit down and order it! This had to come, as any journey, gradually.

I thought this was about the overnight walk, turns out that was just the beginning. The opening for each donation or email or person who heard to send me a heart breaking story about someone who shot himself, hung himself, overdosed and above all died of broken hearts. I thought this was about Josh, or even about myself. I thought I knew the direction I was headed, but I bet I don't. If someone kills themself every 16 minutes than I may very well be sitting her at this keyboard crying as I am now for each of them. I signed on to walk, but what seems to be occuring is a re-birth of Joshua's death from a place where I can actually heal and feel and see.

To all of you who have written I am humbled that you would share a moment of your pain with me! I am not worthy and I contemplate with each story, what do with the precous gift. Please know that you are changing my life and my journey and ultimately giving Joshua's life and death an easier place for me to heal from and release. Some people use balloons or butterflies, but it seems that I get to use your stories! Keep contacting me and we can put all of them together and make a huge difference.

Yours Truly,
One Suicide Survior To Another

No comments:

Post a Comment