Monday, March 22, 2010

OUT OF THE DARKNESS

There is nothing like being a Mom. Joshua called me Mommy up until the day he abruptly left this earth. Until then I was his mom. On June 3rd 2005 and the days after I was left with an awful helpless feeling. Sure I could go and pluck weeds around his stone in Lanesville, I could buy flowers and hope that these things would be enough to help with the feeling that I was not taking care of him anymore. They were not. How do you stop being a mom? How do you stop the physical actions of being a mom? My heart not only longs for him to come home, but it longs to wash his face, comb his hair and help him with his homework. I remember desperately begging the man at the cemetery to let Josh be under a large tree so that someone could take care of him in my stead. That tree leans over him to this day.


About a week ago, The Overnight Walk for Boston suddenly came on the radio. An 18 mile walk overnight in Boston Massachusetts to prevent and understand suicide. My heart began to race and I pulled the car over to write down the web site and details. This was the long awaited answer to my question of “what can I do for him”. Not only can I feel like a mom to Josh again for Just 2 days, but I can also help others and be around amazing ,strong people who have also known this heart ache. I felt almost elated. I am a do-er. I can work out, raise funds, plan a bake sale and be a mommy! Thank God for the smallest of gifts.

So to Joshua who suffered much! I plan to do my best to honor him and raise as much money as I can to help others fight, this, which plagues the heart, and mind almost relentlessly and along side me will be my mother! An amazing woman who raised Joshua right along side me and who lost a part of herself with him.

Please take a moment to look at the links below and find it in your heart to support this walk…..


God Bless and More to come as our team grows!

Rose and Amanda


http://www.theovernight.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.teampage&teamid=T1002875

Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see our team members and be able to donate. No amount is to small and it does not cost to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment