Sunday, March 28, 2010

Out Of The Darkness Walk 2010

Walk Details For Those Walking:

The walk is in Boston and although Out of The Darkness keeps the route information until we arrive, they do give out check points for those of your friends and family who want to be supportive and hand out water and encourage you. This was a bummer to me, as I was going to map out the walk route and the Starbucks route at the same time :). I suspect that the ceremonies will be held on the common, but that is a guess. My husband Tom is going to drive the car into Boston and bring his bike so that he can be at all the rest stops to encourage. He said he will have a backpack of my favorite drinks. :) Love Him

The donations! Walkers Please understand that the $1,000 dollars is solid. The only way to get around it, if you have less than that amount is to put yourself on a 30-60 day payment plan after you walk. They are serious about that pledge. I have heard many people mention that they think it is a "suggested" amount. That is not correct. Please make certain you are clear about working hard to get that amount, otherwise donate to someone who is walking. Often times a person will get a few donations, not walk and they could have helped someone walk.

There is a Facebook Page on the side of my blog. For those of you who are not Fans, please consider fanning that page. It is called Life is a Highway and has a great fan base with walkers, grievers and friends! I try to put updates for all. There is also a Spring pocketbook fundraiser on the donate tab on that page. Theresa(the consultant) has donated ALL of her proceeds to this cause.

Currently I would like to thank the Lunenburg Ledger the Life Is Good company and The Rabbit Hill Inn for the support and donations. More to come on that! Yes I contacted Starbucks :)

That's the business for now. I have been told that many people read this blog, Please consider "following" it is simple, with a very easy sign up.

Blessing and Many Thanks!
Amanda


They knock me down
And back up again
You're in my blood
I'm not a lonely man
There's no load I can't hold
The road's so rough this I know
I'll be there when the light comes in
Just tell 'em we're survivors

No comments:

Post a Comment